To sell your images on PhotoStockWorld you must prepare them according to our submission guidelines outlined below. Our customers like the depth and breadth of contents of PhotoStockWorld and want to see images of the highest standard. Our Quality Control Team check the technical quality of your images to ensure they meet these criteria.
- Prepare your images according to the submission guidelines mentioned below and upload to PhotoStockWorld.com
- Describe your images with the most suitable Title, Description, Keywords and Categories
- We check your images for quality
- We may make appropriate changes to the keywords, categories etc if required
- The approval process may take 1 to 5 days. If your images has passed all the quality checks then it will be available for sale
- You can track and manage your images on 'My Account' page
What we need
- JPEGs saved at a high quality setting: If you use Adobe Photoshop, the JPEG file should be of quality level 10 or above.
- Alpha-numeric file names ending in .jpg: This means that your file name can contain alphabets and numbers only and should be in the .jpg format.
- RGB files: Your images should be in the RGB color mode, and not in single channel greyscale, or the CMYK mode.
- Images sent as compressed files, such as .zip or .rar files are not acceptable.
- Images from a DSLR camera with at least 6 megapixels.
We do not approve the following images
- Images that contains a watermark, contains pornography, or images which infringe upon the rights of any third party
- Images that solely feature a logo or trademark. This is an infringement of copyright or trademark
- Identical images, means series of similar images with almost identical compositions
Reasons for Image Rejection
- Camera shake: If the image is blurred or soft because the camera moved when the picture was taken, we reject the image
- Color cast: If the image is tinted with an unwanted colour that has been caused by incorrect white balance on your camera or scanner, it will be rejected
- Compression artifacts: We reject images with a blocky or patchy appearance that is caused by excessive compression
- Blemishes: Dust, scratches or sensor dust
- Excessive sharpening: Sharpening should be applied only once
- High contrast: Images with high contrast are not acceptable
- Noise: Chroma noise gives a mottled, distorted effect that usually contains green and pink/purple colours.
- Noticeable retouching: Retouching is obvious in the image. We recommend that you retouch at 100% and double check to ensure that it is not visible
- Out of focus: We will reject an image if we feel that is not artistically intended to be out of focus. Also, it must look out of focus at comp size so that it is obvious to our customers.
- Over manipulated: Excessive use of 'levels' or 'curves' which leave an image looking posterised, 'blocky' or with distorted colours
- Poor exposure: Correct exposure ensures maximum tonal range in an image. You can check and adjust the exposure using the histogram in Photoshop
- Unsuitable contents: Images contain watermark or pronography will be rejected
Fine tune your photos in Photoshop or with any other editing programs before submitting
No photos taken out of the camera is absolutely perfect. Most will lack contrast or saturation or need any dust spot removed. So start your image editing program and fine tune your photo to the best possible result. However be careful that you don't overdo and ruin the image. Too much editing can cause noticeable artefacts in the photo that will get it rejected.